You can download PortAudio source code in a single archive file below. It contains the complete code for all supported platforms, eg. Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, etc.
April 6, 2021 - tag v19.7.0
This is the new v19.7.0 stable release. We encourage developers to use this because it has many important bug fixes and works with the latest Mac OS and PipeWire.
- pa_stable_v190700_20210406.tgz <== You probably want this!!
- pa_stable_doxydocs_20210406.tgz , stable user documentation (Doxygen)
Older Stable Releases
- pa_stable_v190600_20161030.tgz was released October 30, 2016, v19.6.0
- pa_stable_v19_20140130.tgz was released January 30, 2014, SVN rev 1919
- pa_stable_v19_20111121.tgz was released, November 21, 2011, SVN rev 1788
- pa_stable_v19_20110326.tgz was released March 26, 2011
- pa_stable_v19_20071207.tar.gz was released December 7, 2007
- portaudio_v18_1.zip is old V18 posted 6/30/03
Daily Snapshots from the Git Repository
The daily snapshots are the latest, up-to-the-minute, V19 code pulled from the Git repository. Use these if you need the latest bug fix, and are also willing to risk getting the latest bug.
The revised and enhanced V19 version of the PortAudio API. See this page for information about the changes that have been made to the API, and the implementation status of V19 on various platforms.
- pa_snapshot.tgz created Friday, 07-May-2021 01:23:04 UTC
- pa_previous_snapshot.tgz created Thursday, 06-May-2021 01:23:04 UTC
- pa_v19_doxydocs.tgz - Doxygen autodocs for users created Friday, 07-May-2021 01:23:07 UTC
- pa_v19_doxydocs_dev.tgz - docs for "internal developers" created Friday, 07-May-2021 01:23:07 UTC
V18 with partially tested bug fixes, original PortAudio API. Very old.
- pa_snapshot_v18.tgz created Friday, 20-Nov-2020 18:44:06 UTC
- pa_previous_snapshot_v18.tgz created Friday, 20-Nov-2020 18:44:06 UTC